Senior Java Developer/Coach/Expert
Dilaco is a Belgian IT service company with offices in Grimbergen and Zaventem, since 1996. Results drive us to combine digital technologies with specific business objectives. We take a flexible and transparent approach to customers all over Belgium and help them solve their biggest IT-problems.
As a Dilaco team member you will learn each day and get the possibility to grow with us! #growingtogether
Project assignments may change over time.
What are your responsibilities?
- You will act and perform as a master of the new technologies
- You will help increase the maturity of the Java developers in the project(s) assigned to you
- You will coach the project team to develop qualitative Java applications faster
- As a Java expert, you will share knowledge within the organization by actively contributing to the Java Community platform and new Java initiatives
- You will be assigned to projects delivering applications for co-workers, with a Java backend and an Angular frontend.
In your role of coach
- Assess current maturity level of the coachees
- Work out a plan to bring the coachees to the desired maturity level
- Coach in soundboard modus and/or by showing (hands-on)
- Review low-level designs and code adhering to organization and industry standards (quality assurance)
- Provide feedback to the organisation about the progress of development skills of our developers
In your role of expert
- Help giving direction to our java backend development ecosystem
- Remain abreast with the latest versions of the technologies we use
In your role of developer
- Lead by example for the quality of all deliverables.
- Interface with IT Architects & Solution Analysts to understand project architecture and requirements
- Prepare high-level and low level technical design
- Hands-on development in projects
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-stack coach that is an expert on Java backend and is a medior in Angular frontend.
Skills that we are looking for:
- Object Oriented Concepts
- Java Programming Fundamentals and Debugging Skills
- Experience in ‘Impact Analysis’ and ‘Work Package Estimation’ for complex Java applications
- Ability to design, clean code, perform design / code reviews
- Highly motivated Individual to mentor project members
- Experience in writing REST services (with OpenIdConnect & OAuth2)
- Experience in SpringBoot
- Experience in containerization (Docker & Kubernetes)
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline with Git, Gradle, Jenkins
- Design Skills – Application of Design Patterns / UML
- Experience with Unit / Integration Testing (Junit / Mockito)
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in JEE
- Understanding of complete SDLC – Traditional Waterfall / Agile Programming
- Experience with Angular using Typescript, HTML5, CSS3/Bootstrap
- Experience with Profiling tools to address Performance related aspects
What do we offer?
It is a full-time assignment:
- 40% of your work consists of coaching other developers (in technical skills but also code quality awareness)
- 50% of your time, you also work on development yourself
- 10% of your time, you will contribute to the Java Technology Roadmap within the organization, based on your expertise
At Dilaco we invest heavily in our employees. We offer a dynamic and growing working environment, with numerous training courses to keep up with the latest technologies. Thanks to exciting projects with our customers, you will also enjoy the necessary variety.
- You will have a good work-life balance
- You enjoy training and continuous support
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary, modern mobility support and nice extra-legal benefits.
Apply for this vacancy
Apply through our Candidate Portal
Log in or Register on our Vincere platform to easily apply for this job or look browse through other job openings.